Thursday, July 14, 2011

Have you experienced the NHS cuts?

I had a hospital appointment yesterday, and as I have a dodgy knee and ankle at the moment I qualified for hospital transport. I was picked up at 2.30. When the appointment was over I went to the tranport waiting room, it was 5pm. In there there were already about 25 people. There were two green uniformed nurses sitting at a desk glaring at the patients. The drink machine said 50p, I had left my purse at home, At 6pm I asked how long he thought before I was picked up. He said very soon. I asked the woman next to me how long she had waited, she had been waiting since 3pm, it was now 6pm.Most of the people waiting were very old, some others were in wheelchairs. At 7pm, I enquired if I could have some water, the green uniform then asked if I wanted some tea, I said I didnt have any money, she said it was free!!! At 7.30 I asked if she had a biiscuit (I was diabetic, should have eaten at 5) she then produces a tin of those 3 packed biscuits and offers them to everyone. Next she asked if I wanted a sandwhich, then asked everyone else. Next she broughtout the yogurts, then some juice. So why did it take me to have to beg for some water before the green uniforms got off their butts and offrered round what they were obviously being paid for? The old people were clearly very hungry as they scoffed their sarnie and biscuits.At 8pm we were all still sitting there, and the receptionist had to phone an off duty manager to give a budget code so he could phone a taxi for all 20 of us so we could get home! How much has that cost them, a taxi for 20 individual people, each living north,south east and west london, and 2 in Hertfordhsire. Madness I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment