Friday, July 15, 2011

Mental health when you have children, can social services force you to have a psychiatric nurse you don't need?

I'm really getting infuriated about this, I have been made to see social services for the children, they are keeping my case open (hopefully only until next review within the week) to keep tabs on me seeing a mental health care team, I'm pregnant and have two children but since being finally taken off medication ALL psychosis has ceased and with that depression faded to nothing. I enquired as to how long I would be expected to stay "working" with the mental health team because both teams are unnecessary (social services say I'm a great mum and the kids are well looked after) the reply I got was that if I choose not to see the nurse, she will inform social services who will open a case again/ keep this one open if I stop before the meeting) I don't see how they have a right to do this? I feel trapped and angered and it is causing me stress to the point where I feel physically sick, people just say "prove to them you are fine, play ball" but I'm sick of it, nobody has to prove they don't have cancer every week etc and the reports all say I'm fine anyway. Does this mean fine, happy, stable and medication free is not good enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment